The smell of fresh air, warm breezes, sunshine…what more could you ask for? Car aficionados will be getting into high gear preparing for this year’s car gazing events and simply spotting spectacularly detailed out vehicles.
You don’t need to have some fancy hot rod or expensive sports car. And even though those are great eye candy, the majority of car lovers are thrilled to see a nicely decked out car or truck that just sparkles with a nice paint job and clean lines.
Ithaca Body Shop
Now many of you actually have a car worthy of envy and delight. But perhaps it needs a bit of spiffing up to be ready for the summer. Wink’s Body Shop offers collision repair in Ithaca and the most expert body work in the area.
It doesn’t matter, though, if you have a Lamborghini, a Mazda or a vintage Rolls Royce. Any car can do with a new coat of paint or even simply some clear coat. Want a new color? We can do that. Want some painted details? We can do that, too.
Most of us enjoy evening cruises through the neighborhoods and are not all that interested in competing in shows. But the trick to spiffing up your vehicle is all down to the details. Simply running through the local car wash will do more harm than good and your paint will not last as long.
When we apply a new coating of paint and sealer on your car, we have a few basic suggestions to keep the paint in tip-top condition. One of the most important things to know is how to properly wash your car. Don’t rely on those newest products that promise to restore your paint to new condition. Horrible things.
Spend the time to properly and thoroughly wash and wax your vehicle yourself. Automatic car washes can be particularly abrasive to your car’s finish. Basically they are grinding the grit right back into the paint and definitely not doing anything to protect the finish.
Here are some important tips on how to protect your new paint:
- Do not wax fresh paint for three months
- Wax twice a year, spring and fall in shaded area
- Do not wax in direct sun light
- Chamois or soft towel dry after washing
- Do not dry rub dirty spots or bird droppings from finish
- Wash or rinse bird droppings immediately off new paint as they contain chemicals that will cause damage
- Use a car wash that does not touch the paint
- Hand wash between soap and rinse cycles at least twice a year
- Do not remove snow or ice from painted surface by scraping
- To extend the life of your vehicles paint, park in garage or car port areas as much as possible
- Try not to park under shade trees to protect the finish from sap
- Recommended to have your car detailed once a year
Collision Repair in Ithaca
To be sure, there are many reasons to visit your Ithaca body shop and preparing for car gazing season is just one. No matter the repairs you need done from a paint scratch to collision repair in Ithaca, Wink’s Body Shop can make your car look gleamingly new again.
Stop by or call us for your free estimate. We can’t wait to have your vehicle be the envy of the neighborhood cruise!Tags: car detailing, car paint, collision repair in Ithaca, Ithaca Body Shop, Ithaca Collision Repair, Wink's Body Shop